Pattern: vintage Simplicity 1430, size 16 (bust 34”).
Fabric: bright red cotton.
Haberdasheries: four cover buttons, five snap fasteners.
Yes, I know, if the deadline for a sewalong is 30 April, that doesn’t mean you can’t post the project before 30 April! :P I actually had this blouse nearly finished at the beginning of this month, but then other things got in the way. It’s finished now, though!
This wasn’t my most inspired bit of sewing ever; I would have liked it to turn out more neat. The fabric was a bit strange – it changes colour when I iron it! Luckily it does change back when it cools. Also, the weft and warp don’t seem to run perpendicularly, which made it impossible to cut the pattern pieces on the straight grain in both directions. Meh.
It was a nice, relatively quick project though, because I’d already used the pattern before. I didn’t need to make a toile, and already knew I had to lengthen the blouse by 6 cm and add a snap fastener below the bottommost button :). I really should use patterns twice, more often! I did do one thing differently from the first time I used this, for some variety: I made long sleeves. But that didn’t make things very difficult.
I’ll post another photo once I’ve worn this!