Pattern: Drafted based on Kitchy Coo’s Lady Skater pattern
Fabric: 1.5 m organic cotton knit
First: my serger not giving me ANY trouble! :P
I don’t think I’ll be making a habit of making basic shirts (it is handier, and even cheaper, to buy them) but I really liked this fabric, yet didn’t want an entire dress out of it. So I used the Lady Skater sleeves as they were, and the bodice with quite a bit added to the bottom.
In my enthusiasm about my serger cooperating, I forgot I was supposed to hem the sleeves and bottom before serging the side seam. So it was a bit of a tricky job to hem the sleeves, but I do think I prefer this method, because at least the seam lines up everywhere! I find it almost impossible to line up the seams when serging, even if I baste them first.
Happy Halloween everyone!