Tuesday 31 July 2018

Brasov wrap top


Pattern: Brasov wrap top by Itch To Stitch
Fabric: 1.6 m Modissimo from Textielstad (65% modal, 35% polyester)
Haberdasheries: none!

All credit to Welmode for this pattern+fabric combination. When I saw her Brasov I wanted to make one, too, and got the same fabric but in a different colour.


The pattern was quite easy to work with. Printing and assembling the digital pattern was especially easy, because of the option to print only your own size. It’s great that Itch To Stitch put that in! I didn’t always find the pictures in the guide very clear though, and I also had to alter the top a bit to fit properly, which I’m not too happy about. Why do so many patterns that are specifically for knit fabric put in so much wearing ease?! According to the size table, I should make a size 0 or 2, but luckily I read about this project and its sizing on another blog and decided to make the smallest size, 00, instead. And that fits great! Knit fabric is made for a little negative ease…
Besides making a different size, I also took about 2 cm off the shoulder because I don’t like the seam hanging off my shoulders, and to match the armhole of the Lady Skater pattern, as I wanted to use its sleeves instead. Finally, I made the shirt 3 cm shorter, which went fine using the instructions.



I sewed the shirt up in just an evening, after the cut out pattern pieces had been in my cupboard for about two months…

No comments:

Post a Comment