Friday, 16 December 2016

Blotchy skater


Pattern: Lady Skater dress by Kitschy Coo
Fabric: 2.5 m rayon and polyester Ponte di Roma knit
Haberdasheries: none!


I’m not quite done making Lady Skater dresses yet! The third one I’ve made is more suitable for autumn and winter, as it’s made from a thicker, Ponte di Roma knit. The fabric is supposed to be half rayon and half polyester, but the polyester seems to be on the inside, so I hope this dress won’t be too perspiration inducing…

I bought the fabric online. I really liked the photo of it, and even the sample I ordered first, but when the full piece of cloth arrived it turned out the pattern, which in my mind was supposed to look pretty random, was really repetive:


I wasn’t happy about this, but I made the dress anyway since it’s so little work, and I think the repetitiveness isn’t that obvious when I wear the dress.

I had big problems getting my serger to cooperate when I made my previous two skater dresses, but this time it behaved admirably once again. I think it’s just got a problem with very thin fabric, for some reason.

Here’s the dress in progress. I decided not to topstitch the neckline this time.


Again, I lengthened the sleeves and the skirt by a few centimetres, while shortening the bodice quite a bit.

 

No comments:

Post a comment